Alright, attempt #2! Well, this one was also a bit of a failure. Perhaps more so than #1. Thankfully, #3 should be better!
This is the exact same recipe as before … but I made different ingredient choices. I used the correct flour type this time, all purpose, but instead of using the new yeast (as I did in the last batch) I used some old undated yeast I had in the cupboard.
That was a mistake.
So, after the customary two rising periods which totaled two hours. I had flat and yucky dough. I knew before baking that it wasn’t going to be good.
I was right.
Instead of tomato and basil, I just did some salt on top. I needn’t have bothered though, this Focaccia went no where fast …
It was just barely thicker than the half sheet pan I put it in. Same pan as the first batch by the way!
I did bake this one the correct amount of time but because it never rose it was really underdone. The bottom had a nice color though, almost the same as the top!
Result: I learned that you should always use yeast that you know to be good! Don’t use random yeast you found in your kitchen!
Here goes attempt #3!